Do we ever realize how truly blessed we are for the knowledge that the gospel gives us? How thru the Atonement we can have true eternal happiness?
As you all know, Michael is gone for the summer, pretty much leaving me a widow for the next couple months. Its really strange. Being single for 26 years, you'd think I'd be basking in my solitude, I've never been much of a social butterfly anyway. Well, suddenly I found myself feeling very lonely and sad. What to do though?
My little sister Erica went thru the temple a couple weekends ago, the day after Amy's wedding. It was a wonderful experience. I was sandwiched between my grandmas. But when I went into the Celestial room, something felt wrong, something was missing, and I began to cry. Well, tears ran down my face. Let's be honset, I rarely ever "cry."
Erica and her new husband Greg got married this last weekend. The day was wonderful. The reception was awesome. Unfortuantely, on their when out of town Saturday morning, they were in a car accident that injured Erica's knee and gave her a sore back and caused Greg to have a separated shoulder. Not a very good way to start out a honeymoon! The car was totaled and they had to spend the night at his parent's house.
So why do I tell you all of this? Because the church is true my friends!
I was finally able to contact my home teachers this last Sunday and I received a blessing for peace and comfort. Guess what! I'm not feeling as much emptiness as before and am much more content.
At the temple, it was confirmed to me, more than once, the importance of families. That is one of the main reasons we are on this earth. To have families. To find a spouse that we can spend eternity with and build ETERNAL families! That's why the celestial room was not quite right. Sure I had my family there, but my husband was missing. A part of my life was missing. But I know that I can be with him for ETERNITY even if we are separated for this short time.
And finally, Erica and Greg had prayed the night before that they would be safe on their travels. Well, they were safe. Their accident could have been so much worse. They received a blessing, and are now enjoying theri final days in sunny California as a new family.
I'm so grateful for all that we have. I am grateful for the Atonement because thru it we have priesthood power that can seal us to our loved ones, receive blessings, and we can pray to our Father.
Love you all!
Court. This is fabulous. Thank you so much for sharing this with all of us. You are a great example to me and I love your face!!!
ReplyDeleteLove this. Thank you Courtney for sharing your story and testimony!
ReplyDeleteMight I have your permission to share part of this post in my sacrament meeting talk in a couple of weeks? My topic is "Sealing Power" and I really like the part about your emptiness feelings while in the celestial room.
Thanks again for your post. I love it. And I love you!