A day in the life…
Amy sent me an email just to keep in touch. (One thing that I love about her). I figured I’d share my response with everyone.
I’d love for each of you to answer the questions and post as well!!! Love you all.
How art thou? I’m a bit stressed this week. Lots to prep for at work!
How is married life? This morning Jake came in and read the scripture in Doctrine & Covenants that talks about taking on the Savior’s burden because His yoke is easy and his burden is light. He reminded me this admonition from the Lord isn’t explicitly for sinners. It’s for all who come unto Him with a heavy load. I needed to hear that as I start my busy week. He knew it. Marriage is good.
How is work? Work is great. It keeps me on my toes. Good thing I’m a cool boss and we do fun things like March Madness tournaments and stuff.
Any plans for a career change? I love being the county agent here in little Morgan. However, a position came along for the Family Finance Specialist position in Extension. If I get the job I would be responsible for all the family finance related programming in Extension throughout the state. Exciting! Kind of a dream job actually. If hired, Jake and I will be moving but not exactly sure where. The job is housed in Logan but we may live in the Brigham City Area. It’s all what if’s at this point. My interview is April 2nd.
How is sex? Sex is a workout actually! Who knew. And NOTHING like what’s portrayed in the movies. Just sayin.
How is sleeping next to a man? Recently Jake rolled over and elbowed me right on the forehead. I woke up suddenly wondered what the heck happened. Next, I hear Jake say, in a muffled, half asleep voice, “Sorry babe”. He instantly fell back asleep. So did I. It was one of those “you know you’re married when…” moments.
How is the parenting planning coming? Parenting plans = have kids sooner than later. Amanda does not want to be pregnant at age 40. No thank you.
Did you hear about the family finance extension position yet? A bit more on that…just got off the phone with Linda Skogrand (search committee chair) who’s sending over the schedule for the DAY LONG interview process which includes a presentation broadcast to every county in the state, and interviews with the department head, the head of extension, faculty and staff of the department, extension regional directors, and county FCS staff. I can already feel the knot in my stomach forming. It will be there till 4pm on April 2nd I’m sure.
How did the 'spring cleaning' go? Splendid! It really is delightful to have the weather warm enough outside to open the windows and let the bland winter air escape and the fresh spring air in!
Does Jake have enough room for his belongings at the apartment yet? Umm….no.
No comments:
Post a Comment