Sunday, July 3, 2011

Savory Creamed Corn

First of all....Amy. This is such a fun idea! Way to take the blog and run with it! I'm SUPER excited to read/see what everyone posts.

Second of all....Creamed Corn. Savory Creamed Corn to be exact. I made this dish last night as my inaugural dish from the Food and Family magazine Amy sent. I choose this dish mainly cause it looked easy and I love learning new ways to dress up a boring can of corn (bless corn's heart). Here are some things I learned:

#1. Homemade Savory Creamed Corn is good. (Even if you only use what you have on hand aka... canned corn).

#2. I Should have cut the recipe in half. I realized this AFTER I opened two cans of corn. I now have enough homemade Savory Creamed Corn to feed a small army.

#3. This was a good side dish to add to my meal (photo featured below) because it added a splash of color. (And you know me and color...)

#4. You know you've cooked Savory Creamed Corn at least somewhat successfully if the person you've invited over for dinner eats it too....#5. Finally, I know this recipe will turn out even better next time because I will a). use fresh corn instead of canned, b). use grated Parmesan cheese (like the recipe calls for) instead of shredded mozzarella cheese (what I had in the fridge at that moment), and c). remember to add the basil and not forget.

Welp....time to scout out the next recipe...Love you all!!! Happy cooking!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love this! Thanks for posting. Don't you just love the magazine?? I have yet to try the Savory Creamed Corn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have I ever mentioned how this picture of Jake looks like he is drooling because of the string of food that is coming off his fork? Just sayin...

    ReplyDelete